Depending on access patterns and memory usage, an Oracle Java Cloud Service — Coherence instance might show performance problems under a heavy load. You might see long, multi-second garbage collection times on Managed Servers of the Coherence data tier. To address this issue, you can change the garbage collection scheme to CMS.
- Navigate to the Oracle Java Cloud Service Console.
- Open the Administration Console for your service by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
- On the Administration Console, under Domain Structure, expand Environment and select Servers.The Summary of Servers page is displayed.
- On the Configuration page, in the Servers table, click the name of a Managed Server of the Coherence data tier.The Settings page is displayed.
- Click the Configuration tab, then the Server Start tab.
- Click Lock & Edit.
- In the Arguments pane, add the
—XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGCflag to the end of the list.
- Click Activate Changes.
- Restart the Managed Server.
- Repeat this process for all Managed Servers of the Coherence data tier.