Scale in the Oracle Coherence data tier in an Oracle Java Cloud Service instance to decrease its total cache capacity.
Each scale-in operation removes a single node from the data grid cluster in the service instance. If you remove the last node in the data grid cluster, your applications will lose all cached data. Alternatively, you can delete the entire data grid cluster.
The Coherence data tier cluster within a service instance is scaled independently of its application tier cluster.
You cannot scale a service instance if it is under maintenance, such as during a patching or backup operation.
If backups are configured for the service instance, Oracle Java Cloud Service will attempt to create a backup before scaling the instance.
- Access the Oracle Java Cloud Service console.
- Click the name of the service instance from which you want to remove a Coherence node.The Overview page is displayed.
- Click the Menu for the Data Grid Cluster, and then select Remove Node.
- When prompted for confirmation, click Remove Node.
- Click Refresh until the node is removed from the Data Grid Cluster section of the Overview page.
You cannot perform any other management operations on the service instance while the scaling operation is in progress.
You can also monitor the progress of the scaling operation from the Activity page.