Use this command to change the name of a field.
After the name of a field has been changed through the Search bar, you can view the original field name and the changed field name from the UI.
|rename <field> as <new_field>
The following table lists the parameters used with this command, along with their descriptions.
Use this parameter to specify the original name of the field.
Use this parameter to specify the new name of the field.
For examples of using this command in typical scenarios, see:
- Histogram Chart Options in Using Oracle Log Analytics
- Analyze the Access Logs of Oracle WebLogic Server in Using Oracle Log Analytics
- Link by Using SQL Statement as the Field of Analysis in Using Oracle Log Analytics
- Analyze the Time Taken Between Steps in a Transaction in Using Oracle Log Analytics
- Use Link Navigation Functions to Identify Events in a Database in Using Oracle Log Analytics
The following query returns the count of logs from the different log sources, and renames the field
Host IP Address (Client) and
*|stats count by 'Log Source'|rename 'Host IP Address (Client)' as clientip