Use the Jenkins job to deploy or undeploy applications, shared libraries and resources to the new domain using a sample application.
Tip:To deploy and undeploy an application, see Tutorial.
To deploy or undeploy a sample application:
- Sign in to the Jenkins console for your domain. See Access the Jenkins Console.
- On the Dashboard page, click sample app.
- Click Build with Parameters.
- From Domain_Name, select the required domain.
- Optional: Select the Undeploy_Sample_App check box to undeploy the sample application .
- Optional: Clear the Rollback_On_Failure check box if you
do not want to rollback to the previous working domain image.
If you cleared this check box, you can rollback to the previous image later from the backup.
Note:The Rollback_On_Failure check box is selected by default.
- Optional: Configure the Registry.If you want to use another user credentials, other than the one specified when creating a stack, then specify the credentials that Oracle WebLogic Server for OKE must use to access container images in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Registry (OCIR).
- In the Registry_Username field, enter a user name that Kubernetes uses to access the image in the registry.
- In the Registry_Authentication_Token field, enter the OCID for the secret for the auth token generated for the registry user.
- Click Build to run the Pipeline job.
- Access the sample-app with the URL:
You can use the
kubectlcommand to get the external load balancer IP address.
kubectl get svc <domain_name>-lb-external -n wlsoke-ingress-nginx
Note:To get the external load balancer IP address, when you create an Oracle WebLogic Server for OKE domain without a bastion instance, run the following command:
kubectl get svc -A
The public load balancers are listed with the namespace
You can use the WebLogic Server Administration Console to verify that your application is deployed to the domain. See Access the WebLogic Console.