Creating report templates is the second step in generating custom reports. Report templates are created in Microsoft Word with Oracle BI Publisher Desktop for 32/64 bit Office on Windows installed. Template creation also requires that you already generated the Sample XML during query creation.
To create a report template:
- Open Microsoft Word with a new document.
- Select the BI Publisher tab, then the Sample XML folder above Load Data
- Locate the
SampleQuery.xmlthat was generated when you created the query and click Open.
A message displays, "Data Loaded Successfully". Click OK.
- Select Insert, and then Table Wizard.
- Select Table and click Next.
- Select the default data set and click Next.
- Select the desired fields to show in the report and click Next.
- Select the Group By, then select the fields to group by, and then click Next.
- Select the Sort By, then select the fields to sort by, and then click Finish.
- Save the template as an *.rft file; for example: