Cards are visual representations of KPI data that can be organized into decks.
Cards provide a progressive disclosure of KPI details. You can customize what appears on each card. The same card can exist in multiple decks. You can also duplicate a card to show similar, but not exactly the same data on another card.
If KPIs were added to a card then you can post comments to a KPI and read and reply to other users' comments. You can also contact the KPI's business owner with questions or comments about the KPI.
Expanding a card on a deck shows the large card. This version of the card shows a more detailed visualization, provides more detail on the card, displays links to drill-down to related detail pages, and shows notes that you can add or edit regarding the KPI. The large card also shows a list of auto-generated Related KPIs which provide more context on the current KPI and potential business insights.
- Card Name is the name that appears at the card title and is based on the KPI.
- Target is the metric that the KPI is compared against.
- Summary shows the time period applied to the current card, the value method used to compare the data to the target, and any changes (if selected) between the represented time and a previous time period.
- Detail Visualization shows what primary metric is displayed, the group by which the primary metric is broken out, and the type of visualization used on the card.
- More Options shows the values of any additional metrics that were added to the visualization, any groups that are used to break out the metrics, the location of the legend, whether the plot area values are visible, and whether the axis labels are visible.
As you customize a card, ensure the combination of information doesn't create an overly-complex visualization.