Enable pass-through authentication (PTA), set configuration options, then stage and promote your changes to the customer portal.
- Set the PTA_ENABLED configuration setting to Yes.
- Optional: Set the EGW_AUTO_CONT_CREATE configuration setting
EGW_AUTO_CONT_CREATE allows contact records to be created through email. By default, when an email message is sent to a Service mailbox from an address that does not exist in the Oracle database, a contact record is created automatically. By setting EGW_AUTO_CONT_CREATE to No, you avoid login issues resulting from mismatched user names and passwords.
- If you set EGW_AUTO_CONT_CREATE to No, then set the message base parameter NOT_REG_EMAIL_MSG to direct new customers to your website to register and create an account.
- Define the external login page.
- Decide if you want to use data encryption. If you do, set the method and other encryption specifications.
- Decide if you want to allow logout from the customer portal.
- Stage Your Customer Portal Pages.
- Promote Your Customer Portal Pages.