An order discount promotion discounts an entire order.
Commerce Cloud includes the following order discount promotion templates:
- Spend Y for Order Discount discounts an order when a shopper spends a specified amount. You can discount orders by a fixed amount, such as $20, or by a percentage, such as 15%.
You can configure this promotion to apply bigger discounts as the value of an order increases. For example, a promotion might discount a $75 order by 10%, a $100 order by 15%, and an order of $150 or more by 20%.
- Spend Y in X Get Order Discount discounts an order when the shopper spends a specified amount in specified product areas. For example, Spend $50 in Back-to-School Fashions, Get 20% Off Your Entire Order.
- Buy X Get Order Discount discounts an order when a shopper buys something in a specified product area. For example, Buy 2 Kids Backpacks, Get 10% Off Your Entire Order. See Understand promotion targets for information about how this type of order discount interacts with item discounts.
You can configure this promotion to discount any order, regardless of how much shoppers spend or what items they purchase.
To create a new Order Discount promotion, follow these steps:
- On the Promotions page, click New Promotion and select Spend Y for Order Discount, Spend X in Y Get Order Discount, or Buy X Get Order Discount.
- Enter the name, description, and price groups for the promotion. See Enter general promotion information for details about each field.
- Enter condition and offer details for the promotion. See Enter condition and offer information for details about each field.
- On the promotion’s Availability tab, define the promotion’s lifecycle and enter information that determines when the promotion is active and usable. See Enter promotion availability information for details about each field.
- (Optional) Specify promotions that cannot be combined with this one. See Exclude promotions for more information.
- Click Save.
- (Optional) Create a coupon code that customers must provide to redeem the promotion. See Add a coupon code to a promotion for more information.