The Oracle CX Commerce/Oracle CPQ integration lets you configure complex products for purchase in Commerce by using the Oracle CPQ configurator.
Self-service users in Oracle CX Commerce (formerly Oracle Commerce Cloud) can configure complex products for purchase in Commerce using the Oracle CPQ configurator.
They can also request an Oracle CPQ quote, thereby initiating an Oracle CPQ Transaction a sales specialist can modify, reconfigure, or discount. Once finalized in Oracle CPQ, the quote returns to Commerce for acceptance and ordering by the self-service user. For additional information, refer toAppendix A: Understand the Configurator Flow and Appendix B: Understand the Request for Quote Flow.
Note: The integration of Commerce with Oracle CPQ uses the Oracle Integration Cloud Service (OIC) to provide pre-built integrations for the two user flows.
The purpose of this implementation guide is to provide the steps that administrators must complete in Oracle CPQ, OIC, and Oracle CX Commerce to prepare for a Commerce and Oracle CPQ integration.
This implementation guide is for administrators who are setting up and configuring the integration. The guide assumes administrators have prior Commerce, Oracle CPQ, and OIC administration experience.
The following is a list of integration prerequisites:
- A Commerce 19D or later site setup as described in this implementation guide.
- An Oracle CPQ 19C or later Base Ref App site set up as described in this implementation guide. The integration between Commerce and Oracle CPQ adds attributes to the Base Ref App site that correspond to required Commerce order data.
- A synchronized product catalog to ensure that products in the Commerce catalog map to corresponding items in the Oracle CPQ catalog.
- Oracle Integration Cloud Service (OIC) 18.3.5 or later.
- The latest Oracle CX Commerce and Oracle CPQ Reference Migration Package and integration files can be downloaded from Integrating Oracle CX Commerce and Oracle CPQ (Doc ID 2214316) on My Oracle Support.
Note: For information about how to obtain any of the above prerequisites, contact an Oracle sales representative.