When you register an Oracle E-Business Suite General Ledger application into Oracle Enterprise Data Management Cloud, an application and default view are created to represent the external application. Dimensions, node types, and a list node set are created to represent segments and their associated value sets. Viewpoints, hierarchical node sets, and hierarchy sets are created to represent the hierarchies.
Before you begin:
- Ensure that you have the Application Creator role to register an application. After the registration, you are automatically granted the Owner permission on the application and the default view.
Note:The Service Administrator assigns roles, see Understanding Application Roles and Permissions.
- Decide which segments and associated value sets in your chart of accounts you want to register. See Working with E-Business Suite General Ledger Applications.
To register an application:
- From Applications, click Register.
- Select E-Business Suite General Ledger as the application type.
- Enter an application Name and, optionally, a Description.
Note:The application type, name, and description are displayed in the Application list.
- Click Create.
- In Active Languages, enter the languages that have an Active status in the E-Business Suite
General Ledger application and then click Next.
Note:As you type the name of a language, a list of supported languages that match your text entry are displayed. Select the language to add it to the Active Languages list.
- In Add Segments, click Add.
- Configure segment parameters and then click Next.
- Enter the Segment/Value Set Code for the segment
- Enter the Segment Tree Label This label is added to the end of the viewpoint and node set names for the hierarchy.
- Enter Segment Value Set Description
- Select Natural Account Segment if this segment is used as the natural account in a chart of accounts.
- Select Allow Duplicate Nodes if duplicate nodes are allowed in the segment.
- Enter the Max Length for the values in the value set.
- Enter the External Segment/Value Set Code for the segment.
On the Review the Registration Before Applying Changes page, review the data. If the data is correct, click Apply.
The application and its associated data chain elements are created:
- An application and default view are created to represent the external application.
- Dimensions, node types, and a list node set are created to represent segments and their associated value sets.
- Viewpoints, hierarchical node sets, and hierarchy sets are created.