The scripts in this section helps you migrate users and predefined role assignments of an environment to another.
About the Scripts
You use two distinct scripts: one to replicate users across identity domains and another to replicate predefined role assignments of the users. The order for running these scripts is as follows:
- Run the script for replicating users (
replicateusers) and verify that all users are created in the target identity domain. The user running this script must have the Identity Domain Administrator and Service Administrator roles in both environments.
- Run the script for replicating role assignments (
- If your passwords contain special characters, see Handling Special Characters
- The scripts in this section work only for predefined roles: Service Administrator, Power User, User, and Viewer.
Running the ScriptsFor information on creating the required scrips and batch files, see these topics:
- Replicating Users of One Identity Domain in Another
- Replicating Predefined Role Assignments from One Environment to Another
replicatepredefinedroles.ps1and save them in a local directory in which you have write and execute privileges.
- Update the batch files with information for the source and target environments, and internet proxy server, if needed.
replicateusers.bat, which executes
replicateusers.ps1. You must specify the default password to be assigned to replicated users as a command line parameter as follows:
replicatepredefinedroles.batto create role assignments identical to those that exist in the source environment.
- Create the
replicatepredefinedroles.shscripts and save them in a local directory in which you have write and execute privileges.
replicatepredefinedroles.shwith information for the source and target environments, and internet proxy server, if needed.
replicateusers.sh. You must specify the default password to be assigned to replicated users as a command line parameter as follows:
If your password contains special characters, be sure to use the appropriate escape character. See Handling Special Characters.
replicatepredefinedroles.shscript to create role assignments identical to those that exist in the source environment.