EPM Automate enables users to remotely perform tasks within Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud environments.
EPM Cloud Service Administrators can automate many repeatable tasks including the following:
- Import and export metadata, data, artifact and application snapshots, templates, and Data Management mappings
- Upload files into environments, list files, and delete files from the service
- Download snapshots, reports, and metadata and data files from the service
- Run business rules on data, and refresh the application
- Copy data from one database to another; typically, from a block storage database to an aggregate storage database or from a block storage database to another block storage database
- Run a Data Management batch rule
- Generate Data Management reports, provisioning report, and user audit report
- Import pre-mapped balance data, currency rates, pre-mapped transactions, balances data, and profiles into Account Reconciliation
- Copy profiles to a period to initiate the reconciliation process
- Deploy the calculation cube of an Profitability and Cost Management application
- Clear, copy, and delete Point of Views in Profitability and Cost Management applications
- Replay Oracle Smart View for Office or REST API load on an environment to enable performance testing under heavy load
- Import supplemental data from a file into Financial Consolidation and Close
You can create scripts that are capable of completing a wide array of tasks and automate their execution using a scheduler. For example, you can create a script to download the daily maintenance backup from environments to create local backups of your artifacts and data.