Watch this video to learn how to create Free Form Planning applications from on-premises Essbase outline files and snapshots.
To create a Free Form application:
- On the EPM Enterprise Cloud Service landing page, click SELECT under Planning.
- On the Planning landing page, click START under Create a new application.
- Enter a Name and Description for the application.
- From Application Type, select Free Form.
- Select the location of the source OTL file or the Essbase Lifecycle Management snapshot:
Select Local to access the source OTL file or snapshot from the computer from which you are currently accessing Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud.
Click Browse and then select the source OTL file or snapshot.
Select Inbox to access the source OTL file or snapshot from your EPM Cloud environment.
From Select One, select the source OTL file or snapshot.
- Click Next.
- Review application information and then click Create.
When application creation is complete, EPM Cloud Home page is displayed.
- Make sure that errors were not reported during application creation.
Open the Jobs console by clicking Application, and then Jobs
Verify that the Create Database and Process Outline activities finished without errors. Correct any reported errors.
- Optional: If you created the application using an OTL file as the source, import application data. See Importing Data in Administering Planning.
If you used a snapshot as the application source, the application creation process automatically imports data.
- Create application users in identity domain and assign predefined roles as needed. See Manage Users and Roles in Getting Started with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud for Administrators.
- Set up access permissions as needed. See Setting Up Access Permissions in Administering Planning.