Use this procedure to create Free Form applications based on your own models using custom dimensions. During tis process, you can map the custom dimensions that you want to use as Entity, Period, and Account dimensions. You can also add other custom dimensions to support your model.
Do not use these reserved words to name dimensions and members in your application:
Table 1-3 Reserved words that should not be used as member names
|BU Version_1||Users||Attribute Dimensions||HSP_Entity|
|Your Goal||Learn How|
|Create Free Form applications with a Hybrid BSO cube||Create Free Form applications with a Hybrid BSO cube.|
|Create Free Form applications with an ASO or reporting cube||Create Free Form applications with a reporting or ASO cube.|
To create an application using a wizard:
- On the EPM Enterprise Cloud Service landing page, click SELECT under Planing.
- On the Planning landing page, click START under Create a new application.
- Enter a Name and Description for the application.
- From Application Type, select Free Form.
- From Application Setup, select an option:
- Planning (BSO/Hybrid cube) to create a Free Form application that uses Hybrid BSO cube.
- Reporting (ASO cube) to create a Free Form reporting application that uses an ASO cube.
Reporting applications that using ASO cubes, generally, store data in aggregate views and can handle a higher number of dimensions than BSO without adversely affecting performance.
- In Cube Name enter a name for the cube, maximum eight characters.
- Click Next.Create Dimensions screen is displayed. From this screen, you can create up to three dimensions and assign one each to Account, Entity, and Period default dimension types. Additional dimensions you want to add to the application can be added later using the Classic Dimension Editor.
Note:Free Form applications do not require standard dimensions. You can create an application with only custom dimensions containing members of your choice. The dimensions you create and its structure are not governed by the constraints imposed on standard Planning application dimensions.
- In Create Dimensions, create and map default application dimensions. Complete a step:
- To create dimensions and map them to default dimension types, select the Enabled check box and then type in dimension names.
- To create a dimension and assign a dimension type, select the check box in a row and then type in a dimension name.
- To create a shell application, do not change anything in this screen.
You can add and map dimensions to shell applications from the Classic Dimension Editor after the application creation process is complete. Alternatively, you can import a snapshot from a Free Form application into a shell application using Migration.
- Click Next.
- In Review, verify the settings that you selected and then click Create.The application creation process may take a few minutes.
- In Application Creation Status screen, click OK.The Planning Home page is displayed.
- Optional: Create custom dimensions, if needed.
- Click (Navigator) and select Dimensions under Create and Manage.
- In Cube, select the cube that you created for your Free Form application.
- Click (Add Dimension)
- Complete this step for each dimension you want to add to the application:
- In Dimension, enter a name for the dimension.
- In Dimension Type, select the default dimension type that you want to associate with this dimension. While you can add only one dimension of a specific default type to a Free Form application, you can add many dimensions of type Custom to an application.
It is not mandatory for Free Form applications to contain default dimension types; you can create an application containing only custom dimensions.
- Select Valid for Cube to indicate that the dimension is to be used in this cube.
- Select other settings as needed.
- Click Save.
- Click OK in the confirmation screen.
- In Dimension, select the name of the dimension you added.
- Add dimension members as needed.
- Click Action and then Refresh Database to refresh the cube.
- Optional: Import application data. See Importing Data in Administering Planning
- Optional: If you created a shell application with a view to import a snapshot, access Migration, then delete the application, and then complete the import process.
- Upload a snapshot from a Free Form application to your environment. See Uploading Archives to the Service in Administering Migration for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud for detailed instructions.
- Import the snapshot. See "Importing a Backup to Create a Clone of Another Environment" in Importing Artifacts and Application from a Snapshot in Administering Migration for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud for detailed instructions.
- Create application users in identity domain and assign predefined roles as needed. See Manage Users and Roles in Getting Started with Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Cloud for Administrators.
- Set up access permissions as needed. See Setting Up Access Permissions in Administering Planning.