For file-based integrations, you can specify the file name and inbox folder used to store the file. Using file you can load data to a single period or multiple periods. There are several methods to load data to multiple period. One method is to use a single file with multiple columns and each column can be mapped to period either using header record or period mappings. The option is to use a single file for each period. If you decide to use one file per period then you can use a specific filename format to identity the period.
Category and periods settings associated with the file may use predefined values. These settings may restrict the options available when editing selections.
Watch this tutorial for information about setting file-based data integrations options: Setting File-Based Data Integration Options and Running Integrations in Enterprise Planning Cloud.
- From the Data Integration home page, click to the right of the file-based integration, and then select Options.
- From File Name, select the name of the source system file.
The file name selected on the Data Integration home page defaults in the File Name field.
When only the file name is provided, then data must be entered for a single period on the Run Integration pane.
To load multiple periods, create a file for each period and append a period name or period key to the file name. When the integration is executed for a range of periods, the system constructs the file name for each period and uploads it to the appropriate POV.
- In Directory, specify the folder where the file is located.
- From the File Name Suffix to load data into multiple periods, select either: Period Name or Period Key.
A suffix is appended to the file name, and the system adds the file extension after adding the suffix. If you leave the file name blank, then system looks for a file with suffix. When the file name suffix type is provided, then the file name is optional in this case, and it is not required on the Run Integration pane.
If the file name suffix type is a period key, the suffix indicator and period date format are required (as the suffix set) in the file name, and must be validated as a valid date format.
For example, specify:
In this case, when you run the integration, enter 1_.txt in the file name field and select Period Name for the suffix indicator. Then run the integration for the January to March periods.
- In Period Key Date Format, specify the data format of the period key that is appended to the file name in JAVA date format (SimpleDateFormat).
- From Category, select the category.
The categories listed are those that you created in the Data Management setup, such as "Actual." See Defining Category Mappings.
- From Cube, specify the plan type to load the data. .
- Click Save.