If the application is based on the Job granularity option, you can change the salary of jobs and specify which period and year the change takes effect using the Change Salary rule.
To change a job's salary:
- Select Compensation, and then Manage Jobs.
- Specify the POV and click on the job to change.
- Click the Actions gear, and then Change Salary.
- At Salary Options:
- From the Year Member Selector, select the effective year for the change.
- From the From Period Member Selector, select the effective month or period for the change.
- From Salary Options, select how to set the salary:
- Salary Defaults: Set the salary based on the salary defaults, and then click Launch.
- Salary Basis and Rate: Select this option, and then click Next to directly enter the Salary Rate (for example, 6000) and select the Salary Basis (for example, Monthly). Then click Launch.
- Salary Grade: Select to set the salary by selecting a salary grade, and then click Next to select the grade. Then click Launch.
Selecting Salary Grade bypasses the default assignments and instead uses the Salary Grade Basis and Rates at the specific level0 Entity member or the Company Assumptions Entity member.Salary grades are set on the Assumptions tab of Compensation Planning.
A message confirms that you've successfully changed the job's salary. The expenses are calculated for the job starting from the start month and year you specified.