When performing ad hoc analysis, you can use the Insert Attributes command to insert attribute dimensions or members on the worksheet.
Data source types: Oracle Analytics Cloud - Essbase, Planning Ad Hoc
To insert attribute dimensions or members on a worksheet:
- Connect to your database and perform an ad hoc analysis by either selecting the Ad hoc analysis option in the Action Panel, or typing members in free-form format on the worksheet.
- In the Essbase ribbon or Planning Ad Hoc ribbon, click the Insert Attributes button, .
- In the Insert Attributes dialog box, select the attribute dimensions to add to the sheet, and then click OK.
Optional: All attribute dimensions are selected by default. To add only a subset of attribute dimensions, perform one of the following tasks:
Clear the check boxes next to the attribute dimensions to omit from the sheet.
Click Deselect All, and then select the check boxes next to the attribute dimensions to add to the sheet.
- Optional: To select a single attribute member to add to the sheet (rather than the entire attribute dimension):
- Click , next to an attribute dimension text box.
- In the Member Selection dialog box, select the check box next to the attribute member to add and click .
You can select only one attribute member per dimension.
- Click OK.
- Repeat these substeps for each attribute member to add to the sheet.
Note that you can also hand type an attribute member name in the attribute dimension text box; however, attribute member names must be correctly capitalized and spelled in order to be recognized by Oracle Smart View for Office. If you capitalize a member name incorrectly or otherwise misspell it, an error occurs.