To download and run the Oracle Smart View for Office installer:
- Start Account Reconciliation in a web browser, and log in with your user name and password.
- In the upper-right corner of the Account Reconciliation web interface, select the arrow next to your user name to display the user menu, and then select Downloads.
- In Downloads, under Smart View, click Download From Oracle Technology Network.
- On the Smart View information page on Oracle Technology Network, click Downloads.
- In the Hyperion Performance Management and BI Downloads page, select the Oracle Smart View for Office link.
- In the Oracle Smart View for Office page, click Download Now.
In the Oracle Licence Agreement popup window, select the
I reviewed and accept the Oracle License Agreement
check box, and then click the Download button for the
current Smart View release.
Note:If the Oracle sign-in page is displayed, then sign in with your Oracle user name (usually your email address) and password.
- Follow the steps for your browser to download the ZIP file, and save it to a folder on your computer; for example, the Downloads folder.
Navigate to the folder that you used in the previous step, and then
SmartView.exeand select Run as administrator to start the installation wizard.
Note:Whenever possible, Oracle recommends using the Run as administrator command when installing Smart View.
Select a destination folder for Smart View, and then click
OK; for new installations, Smart View is installed by
Note:If you are upgrading an installation of Smart View, then the installer defaults to the folder where you previously installed Smart View.
When installation is complete, click OK.
The tab for the Smart View ribbon is displayed the next time you open Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, or Word.
Continue the setup process with Creating Connections to Account Reconciliation.