You can copy data from one bottom-up or target version of a selected scenario to another bottom-up or target version within the same scenario.
Data source types: Planning, Planning Modules
For example, you can create a Best Case version and copy some or all the data in that version to a Worst Case version to quickly create a starting point for the new version.
You can copy between bottom-up and target versions.
When you copy to a bottom-up version, only the selected level 0 members are copied.
When you copy to a target version, all selected members are copied.
To protect data in approved planning units, copying a version does not copy to approved planning units.
To successfully copy data, when specifying the copy data criteria, you must select at least one member for the Scenario, Account, Entity, Period, and Version dimensions.
To copy a version:
- Perform an action to access the Copy Version dialog box.
From a Planning form, in the Planning ribbon, select Copy Version.
From an ad hoc grid, right-click the application name.
- From Scenario, select the scenario to copy.
- From Copy From, select the source version.
- From Copy To, select the destination version.
- Click Go to display the available entities (planning units) for the selected source version.
- Use the arrow keys to select entities from Available Entities. You can copy entities with a Process Status of Not Started or First Pass.
- Optional: To copy associated information, select any of these options:
Copy Account Annotations. Only annotations for selected entities are copied. If you are copying to a bottom-up version, only level 0 entities (and their annotations) are copied.
Copy Cell text and Document links
Copy Supporting Details
- Click Copy Data.
Wait for the Copy Version completion message before loading another web page.
- Click Cancel to close the Copy Version dialog box.