Import Management Reports in to Oracle Smart View for Office as fully-formatted reports, outside of the report package.
Before you begin working with fully formatted Management Reports in Smart View, launch Smart View in Excel and log in to Narrative Reporting.
- In Narrative Reporting Home, select Library.
- Navigate to the Narrative Reporting node, then the Library node, and then the Reports folder.
All management reports available on the Narrative Reporting instance can be accessed from the Reports folder. Alternatively, if management reports are stored in a user-defined folder, you can navigate to that folder.
- Select a management report and then, in the Action Panel, click Import Formatted Report.
The fully formatted report is rendered in to a new workbook.
Note that the management report may contain a number of grids, charts, text objects and images laid out across one or more pages. All those objects are brought in to the Excel workbook upon import.
Text boxes in the report are converted to images in the imported Excel worksheet. In some cases, you may need to manually resize the image box in Excel to match the report presentation. To resize an image, use Excel's image formatting tool. Right-click the image and select Size and Properties. In Format Picture, set Scale Height and Scale Width to 100%.
When you edit prompts, edit the POV, or refresh the report, the current workbook is closed and a new workbook is generated. Any unsaved changes in the current workbook will be lost. For example, if you performed an Analyze on one of the reports in the workbook, then the ad hoc grid will be lost when you edit the prompts. To keep any unsaved changes in the workbook, save the workbook, and then proceed to edit the prompts, edit the POV, or refresh the report.
- If the report contains prompts, you can choose to take the default prompts by clicking OK in the Select Prompt Values dialog; or, you can change the prompts as described in Editing Prompts in Management Reports.
- Optional: To edit the POV of a sheet in the rendered report, click the Edit POV button in the Narrative Reporting ribbon and follow the procedure in Changing the POV in Management Reports.
- To refresh the management report when the underlying data in the report changes during your session, click the Refresh button in the Narrative Reporting ribbon.
- To create an ad hoc grid from an imported grid or chart, select either a cell inside the grid or select the chart image and, in the Narrative Reporting ribbon, click Analyze.
In a sheet containing multiple reports, select one report, and then click Analyze.
The ad hoc grid is launched in a separate worksheet.
If your report includes percentages, note that percentage formatting is part of the number formatting applied to the values. Importing a formatted report shows applied number formatting. In the ad hoc grid, bare numbers are shown without any formatting.
Modifications to prompts and POVs are not taken into account when performing Analyze. The newly inserted ad hoc grid (or analyzed grid) will always show the default grid.
The Analyze command is not supported in these cases:
On a formatted reported with grouping.
On an analyzed grid.
See Importing Management Reports as Ad Hoc Queries for information on working with the ad hoc grid.
- Optional: Use the Excel Save or Save As commands to save the workbook.