If an extension is available for you to install, you can install it from the Extensions tab of the Options dialog box.
Your Oracle Smart View for Office system administrator controls which extensions are available to you, and whether installation is automatic or optional. If installation is automatic, then you need only follow the instructions in Initially Checking for Available Extensions. If installation is optional, follow the instructions in this topic.
The Oracle BI EE extension, which is compatible with Oracle Analytics Cloud, installs differently than other extensions. See Installing the Oracle Analytics Cloud Extension for details.
The extension installation and update command, Check for Updates, New installs, and Uninstalls, is not supported when logged in using a vanity URL.
To install an extension:
- Start Excel, Word, or PowerPoint.
- From the Smart View ribbon, select Options, and then Extensions.
- Click the Check for Updates, New Installs, and Uninstalls link.
Smart View checks for any new or updated extensions and required extensions.
- In Select Location for Extension Updates, select the data source connections to check for extension updates, and then click Get Updates.
Oracle Journals and Oracle BIEE extensions installation package is installed with Smart View locally.
Smart View checks all selected data source connections for extensions that your administrator has made available to you.
To check for extensions in all your data source connections, check Select All.
The dialog box expands to display a message window providing you with the progress and status of the extension query.
- Click Close to close the Select Location for Extension Updates and return to the Extensions tab of the Options dialog box.
- Review the list of extensions and where you see , click the Install link to launch the installer.
Required per-user extensions are designated as follows:
- Follow the prompts to install the extension.
You will be prompted to close the active Office application. All Office applications must be closed in order to complete the extension installation correctly. As a best practice, check the Windows Task Manager and close any other Office applications or processes that are running, including Outlook.