The Reference file author may want to update existing report content in a Reference file. For example, refresh a profitability report table with new data. Any updates made in the Reference file are automatically refreshed in the doclet that consumes the report content when the doclet is checked in. For more information on how to do this in Oracle Smart View for Office, see Setting Up Narrative Reporting in Smart View.
To update available content in a Reference file:
- Select the doclet in the report package and select the and then Act on Content and select Check Out.
- Select the again next to the doclet and select Inspect Embedded Content.
- Select the Available Sources tab.
The Reference files available for use in the doclet is displayed.
- Select the next to the Reference file and select Download.
- Using native Microsoft Office Excel, open the Reference file and make any updates you would like to the Microsoft Office Excel file and save it locally. For example, modify report content in Microsoft Office Excel or refresh Smart View queries.
- After you are done with your updates, select the next to the Reference file and then select Upload. The Upload File dialog is displayed.
- Select from the Upload File dialog to select the Microsoft Office Excel file you updated.
- Select OK to upload the file.
- Preview your changes from the report center. If you are satisfied with your changes, select Act on Content and select Check In.