Notes is exposed through a text entry object in Management Reporting reports. The Report designer can control the available POV selections, formatting number of characters and access permissions, as needed.
Notes is not associated with a grid or chart, they contain their own POV selections.
You can preview a report by the end user/report viewer selecting the desired POV and entering the text and submitting.
Notes are stored by Note box name, data source and POV. Notes provides a structured solution for end users to enter POV based narrative text, which is then displayed in formatted reports along with grids and charts . Notes can also be utilized where reporting structure and narrative requirements are uniform across Entities , Departments, and so on.
The process is as follows:
- The Report Designer inserts a new or existing Note Template into a report. Set POV, initial formatting, and text.
- The note repository saves the note template to a repository.
- The report viewer selects the POV, runs the report in HTML, enters formatted Note text to create a note.
- Once created, Note Template can be inserted into other reports for viewing or additional entry context.
- The note manager can be used to view, edit, and managè Note Templates and Notes.