Search uses the Member Labels setting from the grid Actions menu to search on Member Name, Alias, or Both.
You can perform searches for members to edit.
To search for a member:
- Open a report and select a grid.
- Open the Select Members dialog box by doing one of the following:
Right-click a dimension in the grid and click Select Members.
Select a dimension in the grid, and then click in the formula bar with the dimension name.
- In the Member Selector dialog box, enter the text to search for in the search box and click .
The system displays the fully-qualified member name of the search result, as well as its ancestors where applicable.
- Optional: In the search results, click to expand the parent members of that member and show it in the member hierarchy
- Optional: Use the View Selector drop down menu to change your view from your search results to the member hierarchy, recent, functions, or lists.