Administrators and Power Users can import dimension members from standard flat comma-separated value (CSV) files.
To import dimension members:
- On the Home page, click Application, then click Supplemental Data.
- Click the Dimensions tab on the left.
- Select a dimension.
- In Members and Attributes, click Actions, and then Import.
- Click Browse, and then navigate to the file you want to import.
- Select one of these options:
Replace: Clears any dimension members in the form and replaces them with the members from the source file. Any values absent in the source file will be blank after the import process.
Update: Updates only the members included in the source file. Other members are not affected.
- Select a Date Format from the drop-down list of formats.
Date formats are not translated. By default, the date format is set to the locale date format of the exported file location.
- Select a File Delimiter for the import file: Comma or Tab.
- Click Import.The Results screen displays the number of imported dimension members.
- Click OK.To clear the dialog and select another file to import, click Reset.