A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | J | L | N | P | R | S | T | W
- abstract role
- A description of a person's function in the enterprise that's unrelated to the person's job (position), such as employee, contingent worker, or line manager.
- A set of information, including job, position, pay, compensation, managers, working hours, and work location, that defines a worker's or nonworker's role in a legal employer.
- balancing segment
- A chart of accounts segment used to automatically balance all journal entries for each value of this segment.
- business unit
- A unit of an enterprise that performs one or many business functions that can be rolled up in a management hierarchy.
- calendar event
- A period that signifies an event, such as a public holiday or a training course, that impacts worker availability.
- ceiling step
- Highest step within a grade that a worker may progress to.
- chart of accounts
- The account structure your organization uses to record transactions and maintain account balances.
- Salary as a percentage of salary range midpoint. 100 denotes salary at midpoint.
- contact relationship
- A relationship between an employee, a contingent worker, or a nonworker and another person, who may be an emergency contact, a dependent, or a beneficiary.
- contingent worker
- A self-employed or agency-supplied worker. Contingent worker work relationships with legal employers are typically of a specified duration. Any person who has a contingent worker work relationship with a legal employer is a contingent worker.
- cost center
- A unit of activity or a group of employees used to assign costs for accounting purposes.
- date-effective object
- An object with a change history. Professional users can retrieve the object as of a current, past, or future date.
- A division of a business enterprise dealing with a particular area of activity.
- A person who has a personal relationship with a participant in a compensation plan whom the participant designates to receive coverage through the plan.
- disability organization
- An organization with which employee disabilities are registered.
- A business-oriented subdivision within an enterprise. Each division is organized to deliver products and services or address different markets.
- effective as-of date
- A date used for filtering search results for date-effective objects. For objects that match the search criteria, the search results include the physical record in effect on the specified date.
- effective end date
- For a date-effective object, the end date of a physical record in the object's history. A physical record is available to transactions between its effective start and end dates.
- effective sequence number
- A number that identifies the order of changes made to a date-effective object in one day. On any day, the physical record with the highest number is the current record.
- effective start date
- For a date-effective object, the start date of a physical record in the object's history. A physical record is available to transactions between its effective start and end dates.
- emergency contact
- Any of a person's contacts whom the enterprise can call in an emergency.
- An organization having common control over one or more legal entities.
- Abbreviation for full-time equivalent, such as .5 for half-time work.
- global header
- The uppermost region in the user interface that remains the same no matter which page you're on.
- global name
- A person's name in a format and language that can be understood throughout a multinational enterprise.
- A component of the employment model that defines the level of compensation for a worker.
- grade rate
- Used to define pay values for grades in a legislative data group.
- HCM data role
- A job role, such as benefits administrator, associated with instances of HCM data, such as all employees in a department.
- A work measure recorded on an assignment. By default, the headcount of an organization is the total of primary assignments in primary work relationships.
- Abbreviation for human resource.
- A generic role that's independent of any single department or location. For example, the jobs Manager and Consultant can occur in many departments.
- job role
- A role, such as an accounts payable manager or application implementation consultant, that usually identifies and aggregates the duties or responsibilities that make up the job.
- Abbreviation for Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.
- legal employer
- A legal entity that employs people.
- legal entity
- An entity identified and given rights and responsibilities by commercial law through the registration with country's appropriate authority.
- legal reporting unit
- The lowest level component of a legal structure that requires registrations. Used to group workers for the purpose of tax and social insurance reporting or represent a part of your enterprise with a specific statutory or tax reporting obligation.
- legislative data group
- A means of partitioning payroll and related data. At least one legislative data group is required for each country where the enterprise operates. Each legislative data group is associated with one or more payroll statutory units.
- local name
- A person's name in a format and language that are readily understood by users in a single country but that may not be understood throughout a multinational enterprise.
- logical record
- One or more physical records that constitute a date-effective object.
- A person, such as a volunteer or retiree, who is not engaged in the core businesses of the enterprise or legal employer but who may receive payments from a legal employer. Any person who has a nonworker work relationship with a legal employer is a nonworker.
- A physical entity, such as a person, organization or group, that the deploying company has an interest in tracking.
- payroll statutory unit
- A legal entity registered to report payroll tax and social insurance. A legal employer can also be a payroll statutory unit, but a payroll statutory unit can represent multiple legal employers.
- pending worker
- A person who will be hired or start a contingent worker placement and for whom you create a person record that's effective before the hire or start date.
- performance document
- Online document used to evaluate a worker for a specific time period. The document contains the content on which the worker is evaluated, which could include goals, competencies, and questionnaires.
- person number
- A person ID that is unique in the enterprise, allocated automatically or manually, and valid throughout the enterprise for all of a person's work and person-to-person relationships.
- person type
- A subcategory of a system person type, which the enterprise can define. Person type is specified for a person at the assignment level.
- physical record
- A single record, with effective start and end dates, in the history of a date-effective object. Each physical record is a row in a database table.
- A specific occurrence of one job that's fixed within a department. It's also often restricted to one location. For example, the position Finance Manager is an instance of the job Manager in the Finance Department.
- rating model
- A scale used to measure the performance and proficiency of workers.
- Controls access to application functions and data.
- role mapping
- A relationship between one or more roles and one or more assignment conditions. Users with at least one assignment that matches the conditions qualify for the associated roles.
- role provisioning
- The automatic or manual allocation of a role to a user.
- salary basis
- Defines validation and payroll details for worker base pay. It identifies the currency and period of the quoted base pay and the factor used to annualize base pay. It optionally identifies components or rates used to itemize salary adjustments and the grade rate used to validate salary.
- Classified and grouped reference data that organizational entities share.
- Information or data organized into a hierarchy with one or more root nodes connected to branches of nodes. A tree must have a structure where each node corresponds to data from one or more data sources.
- tree structure
- A set of guidelines or a framework applied to create a tree, include data, version a tree, or access a tree.
- work relationship
- An association between a person and a legal employer, where the worker type determines whether the relationship is a nonworker, contingent worker, or employee work relationship.
- worker type
- A classification selected on a person's work relationship, which can be employee, contingent worker, pending worker, or nonworker.