Creating custom fields
To create a custom field:
Navigate to Settings > Custom Fields.
- Click Create New Field.
Complete the fields as appropriate.
- Field Label: Enter a name for the custom field.
- Field ID: Enter an identifier for the custom field. The Field ID will mirror the Field Label by default, but you can modify this ID as needed.
Field Type: Select a field type.
- Textbox: Select this option to insert a small textbox.
- Large Textbox: Select this option to insert a large textbox. There are no character limits on data that can be stored in this field.
- Checkbox: Select this option to insert a checkbox.
- WSIWYG Editor: Select this option to insert a WSIWYG editor. There are no character limits on data that can be stored in this field.
- Single Selection Dropdown: Select this option to create a list of drop-down options where only a single option can be selected. If there are more than 15 options defined, the drop-down will include a search option.
- Multiple Selection Dropdown: Select this option to create a list of drop-down options where multiple options can be selected.
- File Upload: Select this option to allow users to upload and attach files to the content.
Location: Select a location for the custom field.
- Basic Tab: Select to insert this custom field within the Basic tab.
- Advanced Tab: Select to insert this custom field in the Advanced tab.
- Above Editor: Select to insert this custom field above the asset editor.
- Below Editor: Select to insert this custom field below the asset editor.
- All Content Types: Select to apply this custom field to all content types.
- Only for the following content types: Select to apply this custom field to specific content types.
- Click Save Field.
Note: Once Custom Fields have been added and saved, users can set the order of how the fields will display within the user interface. For example, custom fields display within the editor - changing the order of the fields will determine the top to bottom order of how those fields display within the defined location. Click and drag a particular field to a different location within the list to define the desired order.
Your custom field was saved.
Note: Consistent marketing usage of custom fields across Business Units is possible through the creation of shared content types. Content types are only visible when shared with a specific Business Unit, therefore a content type must be shared with a specific Business Unit in order to share any custom fields. See Business Unit content planning and production components for more information.