Customer data import
Use the customer data import (CDI) wizard to upload data about your website visitors to Oracle Maxymiser for use in campaign reporting and targeting. This data will typically come from a CRM (customer relationship management) system. However, you can upload customer data from a variety of sources, such as analytical data stores, web analytic platforms, and email marketing platforms.
To import your file:
- Enter details about the file you want to import.
- Pair customer profiles in the Oracle Maxymiser UI with headings in your imported CDI file.
- Schedule the date or frequency that you want the CDI to take place. You can also enter email addresses of the Oracle Maxymiser UI users who need to be contacted about CDI notifications.
- Review a summary of the import settings and submit your request.
- Publish CDI changes so that CDI data is available in your campaigns and reports.
Prerequisites for importing CDI data
- External visitor IDs: Oracle Maxymiser must be configured to capture external visitor IDs from the website which will be used as the key to retrieve data from the imported file. The first column of each row of your file must contain the external visitor ID.
- File format: File with customer data in valid format should be prepared. To learn more, see CDI file format guidelines.
- Security limitations: User must be provided with Data Importer role in addition to Site Manager or Account Administrator permissions to be able to configure import settings in CDI wizard and submit import.
Learn more: CDI file format guidelines
Additional CDI features
- CDI Status tab: Use to monitor the current status of your CDI, for example when last import took place and when next import is due. You can also modify import pairings or update the location of the file you want to import. This tab is only available once you have submitted the Customer Data Import.
- CDI data in content targeting: In addition to the standard segmentation attributes available in the Oracle Maxymiser UI, custom-created data from Custom Attributes that is paired to CDI data is also available for use in segmentation.
- Data correction: You can correct imported customer data at any time by modifying your data file and then reimporting it.
- Data deletion: All data is imported in append mode. To delete data you need to import a file with empty values for attributes you want to erase. Note that file structure should remain the same such as, headings, Visitor ID column, and separators should be present in the file.
For example, assume that the initial file content was as follows:
You can remove the value of an attribute for a certain user if you would like. For example, if you remove the City value for Customer2, then the file will look like this:
You can also delete the entire profile. For example, if you remove the entire record for Customer2, then the file will look like this:
Customer data import (CDI) wizard
To access the CDI Import wizard:
- On the Site menu, click Integrations.
- From the Campaign Settings widget, select Customer Data Import.
- Check the box confirming that you will not upload sensitive data and click Begin. The first page of the Customer Data Import wizard is displayed.
- Use the tabs at the top of the page to access the stages. Some tabs are only active when the previous step of the CDI Wizard is complete. For example, the File Pairing tab can only be accessed after you have completed the About Your File step.
How Oracle Maxymiser uses the information in your CDI file
Your CDI file can contain many data fields. In addition to the Visitor ID column, you can identify a maximum of 40 column headings that contain customer information which you would like to use to target visitors to your website.