You can configure the time frame and granularity for plans for each module. You can have a different time frame and granularity for each module and for each year.
To configure the time frame and granularity for plans:
- In Current Fiscal Year, select the current fiscal year.
- From Period, select the current actual month. For 13-period applications, select the current period. You need to update this value on a monthly basis.
- From Plan Start Year, indicate if planners will plan in the current or next fiscal year.
- Click Plan, and then the Years column to select the number of years to configure. For example, to configure the first five years of a ten year application, select 5 Years.
- Select the planning basis for each year that you are configuring. If plans will be prepared at the same frequency each year, click All, and then select the frequency (for example, Monthly). If plans will be prepared at different frequencies in certain years, select the frequency in each year’s row. For example, to plan monthly in FY20 but quarterly in FY21, select Monthly in the row for FY20 and Quarterly in the row for FY21. For 13-period applications, you select 13 Periods instead of Monthly.
- Click Forecast and repeat these steps to specify the forecasting basis.
This configuration task sets all required substitution variables.