You can use this configuration task after you enable weekly planning to customize the planning granularity for entity and account combinations.
When you enable weekly planning, by default all entity and account combinations are set up for weekly planning. You can specify that some entity/account combinations use monthly planning. This is useful when most entities use weekly planning, but certain entities use monthly planning; or when an entity plans at the monthly level except for certain accounts. For example, Operations might plan at a weekly level, whereas IT plans at a monthly level. Or, for Sales US, revenue planning is at the weekly level but expense planning is at the monthly level.
Before you set up weekly configurations, perform Planning and Forecast Preparation to set the timeframe and granularity for plans. See Planning and Forecast Preparation.
To set up custom configuration for planning granularity for entities and accounts:
- From Configure, click Weekly Configurations.
- In the Entity column, expand the Entities list until you see the entity you want to modify.
You see entities and accounts only for the features you've enabled.
- Change the planning granularity for an entity or for entity/account combinations:
- To switch to monthly planning for an entity and all of the accounts for the entity, clear the Weekly Planning check box for the entity. To return to weekly planning for all entities, or all accounts for the selected entity, from the Actions menu, select Set All Entities as Weekly or Set All Accounts as Weekly.
- To switch to monthly planning for only some accounts for an entity, in the Accounts column for the entity you want to change, click the link, expand to see the accounts you want to change, and clear the Weekly Planning check box for the account. To return to weekly planning for all accounts for the entity, from the Actions menu, select Set All Accounts as Weekly.
- Click Save.
Weekly configuration considerations:
Forms are updated to display in the granularity you specified for the entity/account combination.
Weekly configuration for entities and accounts is supported only for the Plan and Forecast scenario; it is not supported for the Rolling Forecast scenario.
- All drivers involved in a calculation must be at the same granularity.
- Oracle recommends that all related driver accounts be at the same granularity. For example, for a particular entity, all Revenue drivers could be weekly and all Expense drivers could be monthly. But all revenue drivers should be the same granularity, and all expense drivers should be the same granularity.
- If a parent entity has a combination of weekly and monthly child entities, then you must launch the Convert Weekly Data to Monthly or Convert Monthly Data to Weekly rule for each entity before reviewing consolidated data on forms and dashboards.
- When a form includes both monthly and weekly data, non-valid intersection cells are not editable.