When the source of a data map is a consolidation, you must associate the data map with the models in the consolidation and specify that the data map should run when you run the consolidation.
For each model in the consolidation hierarchy, you can define when to run the data map during the consolidation process by associating the data map with different phases of the consolidation:
- Before—The data map runs and then the model is consolidated.
- After—The model is consolidated and then the data map runs.
- Final—All models within the model are consolidated and the root level consolidation is complete and then the data map runs. Typically, data maps are run at the final phase to push data to a reporting cube or a Planning cube after the consolidation is complete.
To associate data maps with a consolidation:
From the Home page, click Strategic Modeling and then click Consolidation View .
Open the consolidation you want to associate data maps with.
Click a model in the consolidation hierarchy, and then click the Data Maps tab.
From the drop-down list, select when you want the data map to run—Before, After, or Final.
The data maps list is filtered depending on your selection and is based on the data map definition and whether the model is part of the source or target.
- If the currently selected model is either the target of the data map or is present in the target section of the dimension mapping for the model, the data map can run before the model consolidates and will be listed if you select Before.
- If the currently selected model is either the source of the data map or is present in the source section of the dimension mapping for the model, the data map can run after the model consolidates and is listed if you select After.
From the Available Data Maps list, click the data map that you want to associate with the model, and then click to add the data map to the Associated Data Maps list.
You can also search for a data map or drag and drop the data map to the Associated Data Maps list.
- Make sure Run on Consolidate is selected so the data map runs when you run the consolidation by selecting Run and Push Data.
- Repeat this process for any models, including the root model, with which you want to associate data maps.
- To see all the data maps associated with the models in the consolidation, from the Actions
menu, select Set Data Maps.
The list shows the data maps that are associated with each model in the consolidation hierarchy and when they will run—before the model consolidates (Before), after the model consolidates (After), or when the entire consolidation process is complete (Final). You can also associate data maps with models in the consolidation hierarchy from this page.
- Click Close.
- If the model is already in the Ready state at the time of running the consolidation, data maps defined to run before consolidation are not executed, with one exception: For data maps from external sources, if you select Run the data maps from external sources before consolidation when running the data maps, these data maps are run even when the model is in the Ready state.
- If the model is already in the Ready state at the time of running the consolidation, data maps defined to run after consolidation are not executed.
- During the consolidation, data maps that are defined to run after consolidation can't push data to the models in the consolidation that are already consolidated and in the Ready state.
- When running consolidations:
- When the source of a data map is either Planning or a Strategic Modeling model outside the current consolidation, the data map is considered to be an external source data map. This type of data map is typically used to prepare the models for consolidation by importing the data from external sources.
Run and Push Data is available only when the consolidation has at least one data map defined to run at the Final phase with Run on Consolidate selected for any model within the current consolidation.
Selecting Run executes any data maps defined to run Before or After the consolidation. Data maps from external sources that are defined to run Before the consolidation and data maps defined to run in the Final phase are excluded.
Selecting Run and Push Data runs the consolidation and pushes data to any external target. It executes all the data maps defined to run Before, After, or Final. It also executes source data maps that are defined to run Before consolidation when Run the data maps from external sources before consolidation is selected.