You can push data between models in Strategic Modeling and income statements in Financials using the provided template and data maps.
To complete this task, both Strategic Modeling and Financials must be enabled, in any order. Income Statement must be enabled in Financials.
- Enable Financials with Income Statement enabled, and then create a Financials application.
- Enable Strategic Modeling, and then create a new model.
- On the General page of the Create New Model wizard, select Create Model From Template, and then select Financial from the Select Template list.
- In Select Entity, select a Financials Entity dimension member. The model will be mapped to the selected Entity dimension member.
- If the Planning application is multi-currency, select a currency from the Currency list. If the Planning application is single currency, this option is not available, and it defaults to the application's currency.
- The Calendar, Time Period, and Configure Years pages of the Create New Model wizard are not available when you create a model from the Financial template. The Start and End Period dates are set based on the Planning application. Year Configuration is monthly.
When you create the model, two data maps are created. The data maps' detailed mappings are automatically populated between the dimension members in Strategic Modeling and in Financials. You can optionally view the detailed data maps: From the Home page, click Application, then click Data Exchange, and then click Data Maps.
- <Model_Name>_SMtoPLDatamap pushes data from Strategic Modeling to the Target version in Financials. By default, the data map is associated with the model you just created and is set to run when you check in the model.
- <Model_Name>_PLtoSMDatamap pushes data from the Working version in Financials to Strategic Modeling.
For more details about enabling Strategic Modeling, see Enabling Strategic Modeling.
For more details about creating a Strategic Modeling model, see Creating a Strategic Modeling Model.
- To push data from Strategic Modeling to Financials:
- Check out the Strategic Modeling model, enter data, and then calculate the scenario or all scenarios.
- Check in the model.
If the data map is set to run on check-in (the default), when you check in the model, the data map runs and the Smart Push job is submitted.
Tip:To check the status of the job, from the Home page, click Application and then click Jobs.
- To push data from Financials to Strategic Modeling use one of these methods:
- Run the data map from the Data Maps page: From the Home page, click Application , then Data Exchange , and then click Data Maps. From the Actions menu for <Model_Name>_PLtoSMDatamap, select Clear and Push Data.
- Associate the <Model_Name>_PLtoSMDatamap data map with a form and set it up for Smart Push. See Configuring Smart Push for a Form.
If you later enable additional accounts in Financials, edit the data maps to add the detailed mapping between the accounts in Financials and the accounts in Strategic Modeling. For more information about editing data maps and detailed mappings, see Defining Advanced Data Maps.
Note:You can make a copy of the data maps before editing them so you can keep the original data map definition.
Note:Custom dimensions in Strategic Modeling and a custom chart of accounts in Financials are not supported when pushing data between Strategic Modeling and Financials.