- From the Home page, click Tools, then User Preferences, and then User Variables.
Set up these user variables:
- Reporting Currency
For Financials, set these user variables for the Account dimension:
- For the Expense Account variable, select the parent account that includes the accounts you want to see on forms, such as OFS_Total Expenses.
- For the Expense Drivers variable, select OFS_Expense Drivers for Forms.
- If Budget Revisions is enabled, set up the Account
The Account Group user variable filters the set of accounts that appear on forms for Budget Revisions, such as Current Approved Budget and Net Current Budget. For example, you can select expense, revenue, liability, or asset accounts, or the total of all account types, depending on your needs.
For Financials, if you are working with Budget Revisions, the Date Format for Display must be set to yyyy-MM-dd. From the Home page, click Tools, then User Preferences, and then click Display.For Workforce, set these additional user variables:
- EmployeeParent—Helps make forms more manageable by letting you include or exclude the employees to display on the forms based on the Employee Parent member you select, such as new hires or existing employees.
- Period—Allows Comments for New Hires to be displayed as well as Total Compensation for all Employees/Jobs on the Mass Update forms.