Specify parameters to enable data to be loaded directly into an application database. Optionally, you can use advanced settings if you want to load details to child members of parent dimension members based on unique identifiers for the driver dimension.
For example, a company might load the Employee dimension member with account data for Start Date, Position, Salary Basis, and Pay Type. Because the human resource data includes placeholders for new and existing employees, the company could set up the following advanced settings:
Data load dimension parents: New Employees, Existing Employees
New Employees unique identifiers: Start Date, Position
Existing Employees unique identifiers: Salary Basis, Pay Type
During data load, child members of New Employees and Existing Employees are evaluated for data updates. The unique identifiers Start Date, Position, Salary Basis, and Pay Type determine if existing data load dimension values are updated, or if new values are added: If the unique identifier's data values are the same, data is updated. If the data value is different, the next available child member is used.
To specify parameters for loading data:
- From the Home page, click Navigator , and then under Integration, click Data Load Settings.
- For Data Load Dimension, select the dimension (such as Employee) for which data is loaded for the application.
- For Driver Dimension, click to select the dimension into which data is loaded.
For example, if you're loading data to Employee, the driver dimension might be Account.
- Select the members of the driver dimension.
For example, if the driver dimension is Account, driver dimension members might include Start Date, Grade, Position, Salary Basis, and Pay Type.
- Optional: To use advanced settings, complete these steps.
- Add a row by clicking .
- To the right of the new field, click and select a parent member.
For information about selecting members, see Using the Member Selector.
- To the right of the parent member, under Driver Dimension Unique Identifiers, select members as unique identifiers. (Members selected for this field must be included in the list of selected Driver Dimension members at the top of the page.)
Each parent member must include at least one unique identifier member. These members determine if existing data load dimension values are updated, or if new values are added.
- If necessary, continue adding rows by repeating the previous steps.
- To duplicate or delete a row, click within a row, and click or .