Selected dimensions and members indicate the data to retrieve with the model view. Define them in the Dimensions and Member Selection area of the Model View screen.
Figure A-2 Dimension and Member for a Model View
In this example, the Account dimension is selected by default. Ultimately, you want to select Operating Expenses, which is a member of Account.
- Optional: For your convenience, use the Move Up and Move Down buttons in the Dimensions area to move selected dimensions toward the top or the bottom of the list.
If there are many, you may find it helpful to move the most used dimensions toward the top.
- To add dimension members to the view, select a dimension and click in the Member Selection area, or select Add Member in the Actions menu.You see the Select Dimension Members screen.
You can select members and use the right and left arrows of the shuttle control to move members from the list of available members at the left to the list of selected members at the right.
- Since Account is already selected, select Net Income, then Income From Operations, and finally Operating Expenses. Click at the beginning of each member name to show submembers.
- After you select Operating Expenses, click to select that member, and then click OK.
The Select Dimension Membere screen looks like the following with Operating Expenses selected.
Figure A-3 Select Dimension Members Screen for Model Views
- To further limit the model view, select another dimension member.For this example, select Entity, click , and then select All_Entities.
- When the member has been selected, click OK and move it to the right column.
- When changes are complete, click to save the settings.