You can use Import Management to update Incentive Participant Goal records.
To import Incentive Participant Goal records, perform the following tasks:
- Map your source data to Oracle Applications Cloud object attributes.
- Create source Comma Separated Values (CSV) file for import.
- Create the import activity.
- Review the import results.
How You Map Your Source Data to Target Object Attributes
To import your Incentive Participant Goal data into Oracle Applications Cloud, you need to populate a CSV file with your source data and map that source data to target object attributes in Oracle Applications Cloud.
You need to do the following before creating the CSV file for data import:
- Identify how your source data attributes map to the target object attributes in Oracle Applications Cloud.
- Ensure prerequisite setups are done, if applicable.
- Understand your options for uniquely identifying the records.
- Identify the target object attributes that are required in the CSV file for a successful import.
Before You Start
You must do some basic checks before starting your import. For example, make sure that:
- You have completed all the prerequisites for importing each attribute in your source data.
Required Attributes and Validations for Incentive Participant Goal Object
To import data successfully into Oracle Applications Cloud, your CSV file must include the required attributes. Ensure that you provide valid values for the attributes. This table lists the required attributes for updating Incentive Participant Goal records, prerequisite setup tasks for the attributes, and specific validations, if any, for Incentive Participant Goal import:
|Attribute||Description||Prerequisite Setup Task/ Import Validations||Updating an Existing Participant Goal Record|
|ParticipantName||This is the full name of the participant as stored in HZ_Parties.||Must match unique participant in business unit. If not unique additional identifiers can be provided.||Required.
If duplicate participant names are found in the Business Unit, you will need to provide Party Number or Participant Identifier to uniquely identify the participant.
|BusinessUnit||The name of the Oracle Incentive Compensation business unit.||None||Required unless OrgID is provided.|
|OrgId||The unique numeric identifier for the Oracle Fusion Incentive Compensation business unit.||A valid OrgId.||Required unless BusinessUnit is provided.|
|ParticipantId||The unique identifier of the participant.||None||Provide value to uniquely identify participant.|
|PartyNumber||The unique alternate identifier for the participant.||The PartyNumber must match a participant for the given BU.||Conditionally Required. Provide value to uniquely identify participant.|
|EmailAddress||The email address associated with the participant.||None||Conditionally Required. Provide value to uniquely identify participant.|
|HrPersonNumber||Typically the HR person number of the participant.||None||Conditionally Required. Provide value to uniquely identify participant.|
|MeasureName||The name of the performance measure for which goals are being assigned.||Must match a performance measure in BU and be assigned to specified participant.||Required unless FormulaID provided.|
|StartDate||Start date of the period for which the goals are being updated.||Must match start date of valid calendar period.||Required unless Period provided.|
|EndDate||End date of the period for which the goals are being updated.||Must match end date of valid calendar period.||Required unless Period provided.|
|PeriodName||The name of the calendar period for which goals are being updated.||Must be a valid period in calendar for specified business unit.||Required unless Start & End Date are provided.|
|Target||The period target the user wishes to set for the participant.||None||Required|
|UpdateAllOccurences||Indicates if specified goal value should be updated for all plans and plan components where the performance measure is used.||Valid values are Y, N, or left blank.||Optional. Defaulted to N if left blank.|
|EnforceAssignment||Indicates if goal updates should be restricted only to periods for which the participant was assigned to a specific compensation plan.||Valid values are Y, N, or left blank.||Optional. Defaulted to Y if left blank.|
|PlanName||Name of the specific compensation plan where the goal is being updated.||None||Optional. Required when UpdateAllOccurrences is set to N and unless plan ID is provided.|
|ComPlanId||Unique numeric identifier of the compensation plan where the goal is being updated.||None||Optional|
|CompPlanName||Name of the specific plan component where the goal is being updated.||None||Conditionally Required.
Required when UpdateAllOccurrences is set to N or Plan Component ID isn't provided.
|PlanComponentId||Unique numeric identifier of the plan component where the goal is being updated.||None||Optional|
|FormulaId||Unique numeric identifier of the performance measure for which goals are being updated.||Must match a performance measure in BU and be assigned to specified participant.||Optional|
You can view the Incentive Participant Goal object along with all its child objects and attributes in the Manage Import Objects page of the Import Management flow. You can find attribute information like type, length, description, and so on, on this page.
- Goals are set at the performance measure level for a specific period and participant. Sometimes, performance measures are reused in different plan components and plans. When setting goals you have the option to set different goals for a performance measure based on the associated plan or plan component. When using Update All Occurrences with the value Y, the goal will be loaded for all instances of where the performance measure is used for that participant. If it is set to N, you can specify the specific plan or plan component you wish to assign the goal to.
- The Enforce Assignment attribute can be set to Y or N. If left blank it will default to Y.
Create the Source CSV File
You include the data that you want to import into CX Sales and B2B Service in a source CSV file.
You can use the templates available in the Import Objects UI page to create the source CSV file. To download a template:
- Go to Navigator > Tools > Import Management > Import Objects.
- Select the Participant Goal object in the table and click Download.
You can now edit the downloaded file and provide valid values for the required attributes.
Create the Import Activity
After you have the CSV file ready, create an import activity to import the information. To create an import activity:
- Go to Navigator > Tools > Import Management > Import Queue.
- Click Create Import Activity in the Manage Imports page.
- In the Enter Import Options page, provide a name for the import activity, and select Incentive Participant Goal from the Object drop-down list.
- Select the CSV file in the File Name field, and click Next.
- You would see that the source and target attributes are automatically mapped in the Map Fields page. Review and edit the mappings if required.
- Check the file for unmapped columns or data format issues by clicking Validate Data. Click Next.
- Review the import details on the Review and Submit page, and click Submit when you're ready.
Review the Import Results
Check if your import succeeded on the Manage Imports page. This page shows the status of all active, completed, and unsuccessful imports. To check the status of the import activity:
- Go to Navigator > Tools > Import Management > Import Queue.
- Click All Imports and search for the import activity that you created earlier.
- Check the Status column for the import activity. The import is successful if the status displays as Completed. You can drill down on the import activity to go to the Import Status page which provides the status details of the import activity.