The Movement dimension captures the movement details of an account. By default, the system provides members in the Movement dimension to maintain various types of cash flow data, and FX to CTA calculations. It enables administrators to perform these tasks:
- View details of the cash flow movements when viewing the Balance Sheet
- Automatically generate the Cash Flow due to the segregation of movements based on cash flow categories
When you create an application, the Movement dimension is created by default with pre-seeded members, and optionally adds system members based on the features that you enable. During application creation, the system creates cash flow members and hierarchies for Cash Flow Reporting in the Movement and Account dimensions. The following members are created:
- TRCS_CbCR Movements
- TRCS_System Movement
Note:You can create additional user-defined members under the Movement dimension to run consolidation and translations for these members. For instructions, see Customizing the Movement Dimension Hierarchy.
To define the Movement Dimension:
- From the Home Page, select Application, then Overview, and then the Dimensions tab.
- Click Movement to set the properties.
- Optional: Select the appropriate optional properties for your application:
- Enter a Description for the dimension.
- Select an Alias Table, if available.
- Enter an Alias name for the dimension.
- Select Two Pass Calculation.
- Check to Apply Security.
- Select the type of Data Storage to be applied to the dimension:
- Under Display Option, select whether you want to display the Member Name or Alias in reports.
- Select the Hierarchy Type, if available.
- Under Cube, select which cubes you want to use. You can enable Consol, Rate or CbCR.
- Under Custom Attributes, click Create to add a new custom attribute. Enter a name for the attribute, and select the Data Type.
- Click Done.