You can schedule when you want to run a job, either now or in the future. and how often (once, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly).
To schedule a job:
- On the Home page, select Applications, and then click Jobs.
- Click Schedule Jobs.
- On the Schedule Job page, General tab, under What type of job is this?, select the type of job you want to run:
- Rules—Launches a business rule. The Business Rules page lists the business rules that were created for the application.
- Import Data—Runs a data import operation.
- Import Metadata—Runs a metadata import operation.
- Export Data—Runs a data export operation.
- Export Metadata—Runs a metadata export operation.
- Refresh Database—Launches the database refresh operation.
- Invalid Intersection Reports—Runs an Invalid Intersection Report.
Restructure Cube—From Cube, select the cube to restructure. Performs a full restructure of a Block Storage cube (BSO) to eliminate or reduce fragmentation. This will also remove empty blocks. It is not applicable for an Aggregate Storage cube (ASO).
- Select when you want to run the job:
- Run Now
- Schedule Starting From. You need to select the start date from the calendar, and select the appropriate time zone.
- Enter a name for the job, for example, MyWeeklyCubeRefresh.
The name that you enter is displayed on the job listing in the Jobs console, and a system-generated job name is appended, for example, MyWeeklyCubeRefresh: Refresh Database.
- Under Recurrence pattern, select the frequency to run the job:
- Optional: To enter an end date, click the End Date checkbox, and then select the date and time..
- Click Next to continue.
- The Job Details page lists the operations that were saved as a job. Select a job, and click Next
- From the Review page, review your selections.
To continue, click Finish.
To make changes, click Previous.
To cancel the job, click Cancel.