The Workflow section contains the Assignee and Approver assignments. You can also select Backup users.
To select the Alert Type workflow:
- On the Home page, click Application, and then click Task Manager.
- Click the Alert Types tab on the left.
- From the New or Edit dialog, click the Workflow tab.
- For Assignee, click the Member Selector and select an assignee.The assignee is the individual or team assigned to work on the alert when one is created of this type. If you do not specify an assignee, the user who creates the alert will need to fill one in.
- Optional: For Backup User, select a backup user for the assignee:
- On the Home page, select Tools, then Access Control, and then Task Manager Users.
- Edit the assignee ID and change the Status field to Unavailable.
- Then from the Alert Types Workflow tab, you can select a backup user.
The Backup User is the backup individual assigned to work on the alert if the main assignee is out of office. You must have previously assigned an assignee and a backup assignee.
If an assignee or approver is set to a team ID, then the Backup User field will be disabled.
- Click Add (+) to add an Approver, and enter this information for the Approver:
Backup User - you can specify a default backup Approver user for the alert if the main Approver is out of the office. This is not required.
You can add one or more levels of default Approver users or teams for the alert when one is created of this type. These are not required. If you do not specify Approvers, the user who creates the alert has the option to add them.
- Click an Alert Type tab and continue entering information.When you are done entering the Alert Type information, click Save and Close.