Reassignment requests can only be initiated by users explicitly assigned the primary workflow role (as a named user). They cannot be submitted for backup roles, or by members of Teams/Groups assigned primary roles.
Assignees and Approvers can dispute an Assignee or Approver assignment on one or more tasks by submitting a request to reassign the tasks.
From the Task Actions dialog box, workflow users (Assignees and Approvers) can request reassignment of their workflow role for selected or selected and future tasks. These requests require approval. Administrators and schedule/template Owners can still reassign the task using the Edit Task dialog box without requiring approval.
To request reassignment for a task:
- On the Home page, click Tasks.
- Select the Schedule Tasks tab on the left.
- From Actions, select Request Reassignment.
- If you know the reassigned user, enable To User, and then enter or search for the name.
If you do not know the new user, then submit a request without specifying the name of the user.
- Reassign the task by completing these options:
Selected Tasks to reassign just the schedule task
Selected and Future Tasks to reassign tasks for the schedule task and the corresponding task in the source template
- Enter a Justification for the reassignment.
- Click OK.