Creating report templates is the second step in generating reports. To use a report format in the future, creating a template saves time. Report templates are created in Microsoft Word with Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher Desktop client installed. Template creation also requires that you already generated the Sample XML during query creation. For additional BI Publisher help on templates, see Help on templates. To download the correct version of BI Publisher Desktop Client from the BI Publisher download page select the following:
- From the downloads tab, select Accept License Agreement option.
- Download BI Publisher version. The correct version is 22.214.171.124.
- Select Save File to a location of your choice.
Make sure that a supported release of BI Publisher Desktop Client is installed. For more information on how to install, see Installing and Configuring Oracle Business Intelligence.
To create a report template:
- Open Microsoft Word with a new document.
- Select the BI Publisher tab, then the Sample XML folder above Load Data.
- Locate the
SampleQuery.xmlthat was generated when you created the query and click Open.
A message displays, "Data Loaded Successfully". Click OK.
- Select Insert, and then Table Wizard.
- Select Table and click Next.
- Select the default data set and click Next.
- Select the desired fields to show in the report and click Next.
- Select the Group By, then select the fields to group by, and then click Next.
- Select the Sort By, then select the fields to sort by, and then click Finish.
- Save the template as an RTF file; for example: