Each data value is identified by a set of dimension member values and an application type. Deleting dimension members or deselecting the application type results in data loss when refreshing an application.
Caution:Before starting this procedure, perform a backup. See the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System Backup and Recovery Guide.
Before deleting members, understand where in the application they are used (in which forms, exchange rates, and so on) by using Show Usage.
You must delete the entity member throughout the application before deleting it from Dimensions. For example, if the entity member is used in a form, you must delete it from the form before deleting it from Dimensions.
To delete members:
- Click the Navigator icon .
- Under Create and Manage, click Dimensions.
- From the dimension hierarchy, select the entity member to delete.
- Click Delete. Deleting a base member also deletes its shared members.
- Click OK.
- Update and validate rules and reports.