You can import Task Types or partial Task Type information from text files. The process is similar to importing tasks into a template.
Task Type rules cannot be imported. Use Migration to import Task Type rules.
To import Task Types, you must have the Service Administrator or Power User security role.
To import Task Types:
- From the Home page, click Application, and then Task Manager.
- Click the Task Types tab on the left.
- Click Actions, and then Import.
- Click Browse and navigate to the file.
- Select an import option:
- Replace—Completely replaces the definition of a Task Type with the definition in the import file. This option replaces all Task Type detail with the information that is in the file that you are importing. It does not affect Task Types that are not specified in the import file.
- Update—Updates partial information for Task Types. This option is not a full replacement of the Task Type details. Only details for the Task Type properties specified in the file are updated.
The system displays a warning that task types matching a task type ID in the import file will be modified. If you do not want to overwrite the task type, click Cancel.
- Select a Date Format.
Select a format from the drop-down list of allowed date formats. Date formats are not translated. By default, the date format is set to the locale date format of the exported file location.
- Select a File Delimiter for the import file: Comma or Tab. Comma is selected by default.
- Click Import.