Sub-Collections allow you to obtain detailed data collections. You create a sub-collection for an existing collection, which then becomes the parent collection. The sub-collection is linked to the parent collection and displays under the parent collection. You can create a maximum of five sub-collections for a parent collection.
To create sub-collections:
- On the Home page, click Application, and then click Supplemental Data.
- Click the Collections tab on the left.
- Click + (plus sign).
- On the Properties tab, enter the sub-collection information:
- Name—Enter a unique name.
- Sub Collection—Click the checkbox.
- Collection Interval—This is not editable after you click the Sub-Collection checkbox.
- Collection—Select the parent collection for which you want to create a sub-collection. On selecting the parent collection, the Collection Interval auto-populates the collection interval associated with the parent collection.
- Share data records among Templates/Forms—This is not editable after you select the parent collection in Collection.
On the Attributes tab, add attributes for the sub-collection.
Note:The attributes in the parent collection are linked to the sub-collection by default. When you create an attribute for the sub-collection, the new attribute links to the parent collection and the associated collection interval.