20.4 Establishing User Identity Through Authentication
Use authentication to establish a user's identity to control access to an application. Authentication may require a user identify a user name and password or could involve the use of digital certificates or a secure key.
- Understanding Authentication
Learn about authentication.
- Creating an Authentication Scheme
To associate an authentication scheme with an application, you create an authentication scheme on the Shared Components page.
- Understanding Preconfigured Authentication Schemes
Learn about the preconfigured authentication schemes.
- Configuring an Existing Authentication Scheme
Configure various settings and program hooks in an existing authentication scheme.
- Viewing the Authentication Scheme Associated with an Application
View the current authentication scheme associated with an application.
- Changing the Authentication Scheme Associated with an Application
Change the authentication scheme associated with an application.
- Creating a Login Page
Create an application login page.
- Viewing Authentication Scheme Reports
View authentication scheme reports.
Parent topic: Managing Application Security