24.5.2 Creating Build Options
Create build options by selecting the application and accessing Build Options on the Shared Components page.
To create a build option:
- On the Workspace home page, click the App Builder icon.
- Select an application.
- On the Application home page, click Shared Components.
- Under Application Logic, click Build Options.
- To create a new build option, click Create.
- Under Attributes:
- Application - Identifies the application to which this build option applies.
- Build Option - Enter a descriptive name for this build option. Build options are predefined settings that determine whether or not components within an application are enabled.
- Status - Options:
Include - Include this feature or component. Associated application components are enabled and included with the application.
Exclude - Do not include this feature or component. Associated application components are disabled and excluded from the application.
- Default on Export - When this application is exported, set the build option to this value.
- On Upgrade Keep Status - Select whether the build option status in the deployed application should be kept, or overwritten with the specified status when the application is upgraded. Yes keeps the deployed status and is useful if the application supports build option configuration (using the
APEX_UTIL.SET_BUILD_OPTION_STATUSAPI) to enable or disable the build option in the deployed application, and where you want to respect those settings upon upgrade.
- Comments - Enter any comments or notes. These comments never display when running the application.
- Click Create Build Option.