Configure Oracle Trace File Analyzer to send an email when an automatic collection completes to the email address that is registered with Oracle Trace File Analyzer.
Configure the system on which Oracle Trace File Analyzer is running to send emails. Otherwise, email notification feature does not work.
To configure email notification details:
- To set notification email to use for a specific
ORACLE_HOME, include the operating system owner in the command:
tfactl set notificationAddress=os_user:emailFor example:
tfactl set notificationAddress=oracle:email@example.com
- To set notification email to use for any
tfactl set notificationAddress=emailFor example:
tfactl set notificationAddressfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Do the following after receiving the notification email:
- Inspect the referenced collection details to determine if you know the root cause.
- Resolve the underlying cause of the problem if you know how
- If you do not know the root cause of the problem, then log an SR with Oracle Support and upload the provided collection details