If upgrade of Oracle Grid Infrastructure fails on remote nodes, then you can follow these steps to downgrade Oracle Grid Infrastructure to the earlier release.
- Shut down the Oracle Grid Infrastructure stack on the remote node that is being downgraded:
crsctl stop crs
- From the later release Grid home, run the command:
clscfg -nodedowngrade -h hostname
hostname is the host name of the remote node that is being downgraded.
- From the remote node that is being downgraded, run the command:
rootcrs.pl -downgrade -online
- Start Oracle Grid Infrastructure stack on the remote node from the earlier release Grid home:
crsctl start crs
- After all remote nodes are downgraded, downgrade the last remaining node using the procedure described in Downgrading Oracle Grid Infrastructure after Upgrade Fails.
Note:You can downgrade the cluster nodes in any sequence.