You can install Oracle Grid Infrastructure software binaries for a cluster software on multiple nodes at a time.
Use this procedure to install Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a cluster software:
- Download the Grid home image files.
- Run the
gridSetup.shcommand and select the Configuration Option as Set Up Software Only.
- Complete installation of Oracle Grid Infrastructure software on one or more nodes by providing information in the installer screens in response to your configuration selection. You can install Oracle Grid Infrastructure software on multiple nodes at a time.
- When the software is configured, run the
orainstRoot.shscript on all nodes, when prompted.
- On all nodes, the
root.shscript output provides information about how to proceed, depending on the configuration you plan to complete in this installation. Make note of this information.
- Ensure that you have completed all storage and server preinstallation requirements.
- Verify that all of the cluster nodes meet the installation requirements:
runcluvfy.sh stage -pre crsinst -n node_list
- Configure the cluster using the Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) configuration wizard or response files.