If you want to install Oracle RAC on Oracle ACFS, you must first create the Oracle home directory in Oracle ACFS.
COMPATIBLE.ADVMmust be set to 11.2 or higher for the disk group to contain an Oracle ADVM volume.
- Install Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a cluster (Oracle Clusterware and Oracle ASM).
- Go to the
bindirectory in the Grid home, for example:
C:\> cd app\12.2.0\grid\bin
- Ensure that the Oracle Grid Infrastructure installation owner has read and write permissions on the storage mount point you want to use.For example, to use the mount point
C:\..bin> dir /Q E:\data\acfsmounts
- Start ASMCA as the Oracle Installation user for Oracle Grid Infrastructure, for example:
C:\..\bin> asmcaThe Configure ASM: Disk Groups page is displayed. The Configure ASM: ASM Disk Groups page shows you the Oracle ASM disk group you created during installation.
- Click the ASM Cluster File Systems tab.
- On the ASM Cluster File Systems page, right-click the Data disk, then select Create ACFS for Database Use.
- In the Create ACFS for Database window, enter the following information:
Volume Name: Enter the name of the database home. The name must be unique in your enterprise, for example:
Mount Point: Enter the directory path or logical drive letter for the mount point. For example:
Make a note of this mount point for future reference.
Size (GB): Enter in gigabytes the size you want the database home to be.
Owner Name: Enter the name of the Oracle Installation user you plan to use to install the database. For example:
Select Automatically run configuration commands to run ASMCA configuration commands automatically. To use this option, you must provide the Administrator user credentials on the ASMCA Settings page.
- Click OK when you have entered the required information.
- If you did not select to run configuration commands automatically, then run the script generated by Oracle ASM Configuration Assistant as the Local Administrator user.On an Oracle Clusterware environment, the script registers ACFS as a resource managed by Oracle Clusterware. Registering ACFS as a resource helps Oracle Clusterware to mount the ACFS automatically in the proper order when ACFS is used for an Oracle RAC database home.
- During Oracle RAC installation, ensure that you or the database administrator who installs Oracle RAC selects for the Oracle home the mount point you provided in the Mount Point field (in the preceding example, this was
Oracle Automatic Storage Management Administrator's Guide for more information about configuring and managing your storage with Oracle ACFS